The Kofi Annan Foundation is looking for a Travel and Administrative Coordinator based at our office in Geneva, Switzerland. This position will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration.
The Kofi Annan Foundation is an independent non-profit organization, legally incorporated in Switzerland to apply the Founder’s unique international experience to address global challenges.
The Foundation’s mission is to promote better global governance and strengthen the capacities of people and countries to achieve a fairer, more secure world. The Foundation works to address the emerging challenges and policy gaps that pose a threat to peace and security and to provide political and strategic advice to leaders (both public and private) aimed at preventing or resolving conflict.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange all travel, accommodation, transit, meet & greet and other logistical requirements, this includes but not limited to: all Board members, the President and all Foundation staff on official missions, and persons authorized by the Foundation to attend meetings, launch events and other projects related to the Foundation’s activities;
- Work closely with project/programme/department heads, coordinators/managers (i) on all travel and logistical requirements, especially with regards to events such as the launch of a Foundation initiative, Board meetings, and (ii) prepares mission schedule and background documentation for the President on trips outside of Geneva;
- Assist with organisation and preparation of travel and hotel requirements for Foundation events and meetings of the Foundation in Switzerland;
- Coordinate visa and travel procedures, and facilitates entry/transit visa process for all authorised travellers;
- Secure travel authorisation of traveller from the relevant supervisor prior to initiation of any travel procurement;
- Monitor all corporate travel activity, ensuring that business travel is organised and conducted according to the Foundation’s travel policy requirements, as well as, specific donor conditions,
- Review the Foundation’s travel requirements intermittently and advises on possible ways of enhancing the cost-effectiveness of services, route utilisation, carrier agreements and insurance coverage;
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors; negotiates contracts or rates with travel service providers to maintain/acquire discounts, special rates and develops beneficial partnerships;
- Serve as the key point of contact for Foundation travel inquiries, policy questions, and concerns. Provides policy clarifications, answer questions, and analyse travellers’ feedback for travel program’s optimization and enhancements;
- Monitor “travel security alerts” and forwards relevant information to those travellers whose business trips might be affected or at risk;
- Assist the President and all Foundation staff with the preparation, completion and submission of their travel expenses charged to their respective corporate credit card;
- Assist and supports the Head of Finance and Administration, regarding reimbursement of travel by the host, travel budget preparation, tracking of travel expenses, obtaining expense receipts and supporting documentation;
- Undertake general administrative tasks assigned by the Head of Finance and Administration;
- Undertake official mission travel as may be required;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance and Administration and/or the President.
Skills and competencies required
- First-level university degree in business administration, public administration, logistics and/or travel/transport management, hospitality service;
- At least five years of progressive professional experience in the field of travel management;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and oral, are required;
- Excellent organisational skills, particularly the ability to assess and prioritise urgent issues for immediate action;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications, especially advanced experience in the use of Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Sound judgment, discretion, resourcefulness and good interpersonal skills are prized attributes;
- Ability to take initiative and work to deadlines.
- An indefinite term contract with a three months trial period;
- You hold a valid work permit for Switzerland (or be an EU citizen);
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. Remuneration is subject to Swiss social charges and taxable under Swiss/Geneva law.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a letter of motivation in English to HR@kofiannanfoundation.org by 09h00 CET Monday, 2 December 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. An assessment exercise/test may be part of the recruitment process.