Associate Communications Officer
The Kofi Annan Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation, legally incorporated in Switzerland in 2007.
The objectives of the Foundation are to mobilise political will to overcome threats to peace, development and human rights. In most cases the expertise and evidence needed to solve pressing problems such as poverty, armed conflict and poor governance already exist. What holds us back is lack of leadership or political will to identify and deliver solutions. The Foundation mobilises those who are in a position to influence and bring leadership to the world’s most pressing problems.
Core tasks and responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Communications, the Associate Communications Officer will:
- Manage the Foundation’s social media platforms and actively proposes social media initiatives supporting the overall communications efforts;
- Monitor traditional and social media and produce regular coverage reports;
- Manage the Foundation’s website and ensure that is always up to date and consistent with the other digital platforms;
- Produce regular digital newsletters;
- Maintain and update the Communications unit’s back office tools: the editorial calendar, the photo-library and the contacts database;
- Oversee the production of print products such as brochures, annual reports, and leaflet with the Foundation’s external graphic designer, printers and other partners.
- Manage the Foundation’s inventory of public communications material and ensure that key products are always on display and accessible.
- Liaise with the Foundation’s digital service providers, producing digital content such as infographics, etc;
- Support the Head of Communications with any other task.
The candidate should also have the following profile:
Qualifications and Experience
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations or multi-media from an English language university.
- 3 years relevant work experience
Competencies and Skills
- You are able to write fluently and colloquially in English and have an excellent command of written English. Preferably, you have published some material.It is an asset if you are fluent in spoken and written French;
- You have produced and edited content for websites;
- You are organised and can manage and maintain contact- and photo- databases;
- You are self-motivated;
- You can, at least at a basic level, work with Photoshop and in-design;
- You have experience in website management and content management systems such as WordPress;
- You have a keen eye for design and photo editing;
- You are ready to work odd hours and weekends if communications priorities arise.
- An indefinite term contract (renewable) with a three months trial period;
- You hold a valid work permit for Switzerland (or be an EU citizen);
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. Remuneration is subject to Swiss social charges and taxable under Swiss/Geneva law.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a letter of motivation in English to HR@kofiannanfoundation.org by 09h00 CET Thursday, 31 January 2019. A written test may be part of the recruitment process. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.